Tinder ads why run it?
There is a lot of talk going on around running your digital marketing ads on Tinder.
And yes, it’s a very controversial topic…
Are these ads worth it?
Questions such as is – “Is it worth it?” and “Won’t it damage my brand?” are serious things to think about. I know that for us, at Ras Digital Marketing, these have been serious concerns for us, so to be frank, we are neither for it nor against it.
Especially since there isn’t enough data and research on the topic.
So, it’s up to you to decide what’s best for your digital marketing agency!
Tinder ads could be the best place for your business
Have you considered running ads on Tinder?
With a monthly user base of 66 million people and 50 percent between 18-25, could be the perfect or worst place for your agency to run ads.
But let’s have a look at how running ads on Tinder could help your digital marketing agency…
So, firstly, let’s look at how Tinder ads actually work…
How do these ads work?
You can purchase Tinder ads with a direct buy through Match Media Group, which also manages advertising on dating apps such as Hinge, Plenty of Fish, Match, and OkCupid, but you have to meet their minimum spend requirements.
Consider their “display” ads
Besides buying directly with a large budget, you can also run display ads via Google and Facebook’s ad platforms.
These display ads are shown to users who haven’t upgraded to the ad-free experience.
Related: Do Facebook Ads Really Work
Who should run ads on Tinder?
The majority of Tinder users are male and either Millennials or “Gen Z – ers”. If either of those demographics is part of your target audience, you may want to consider running Tinder ads for your digital marketing agency.
Tinder ad tips
As with all other types of ads, there are best practices to follow when writing ads for Tinder. And when you’re writing ads to go with a dating app, you have some extra room for creativity and flair.
Be Yourself – In general, you want to maintain your personal brand when on Tinder.
And yes, there are Tinder Ad success stories where brands have used “fake” profiles to promote their products.
Case in point: Ex Machina – Male attendees at the SXSW festival could match with a 25-year-old woman called Ava. After some light-hearted back-and-forth banter, Ava reveals she is a robot created to promote the film Ex Machina.
The campaign was a hit, but the movie had Tinder’s blessing to create a fake profile.
When The Gap tried something similar, it backfired.
Promoting their 30 percent discount on jeans created a profile inviting users to a “pants party.” However, the brand didn’t get permission from the app, and Tinder swiftly deleted the profile for violating its terms of service.
Help Your Audience With Their Dating Life – People use this app because they’re single and ready to mingle.
Why not use your products or services to help users make a romantic connection? Find a way your product can help someone score that second date.
For instance, if you sell weekly meal kits, put together a perfect package for someone cooking a meal for a date. If you’re in the events industry, give away a free plus one ticket,
If you run a winery, offer users the chance to win a wine tasting for two.
The Atlanta Hawks used this tactic with a “Swipe Right Night.” The event offered Tinder users the chance to win “Love Lounges.” At night, users could access the lounges and meet their matches face-to-face.
Who knows, you could help someone find their life partner. Now, wouldn’t that be an epic brand story?
Keep It Simple – Tinder is a fast-paced environment. People are swiping left or right at lightning speeds.
Related: How to Capture Your Target Audience
How to create and run an ad for Tinder
It’s pretty straightforward really. You can create your ads either via Facebook or Google.
How to Create Tinder Ads on Facebook:
- 1: Create a Business Account on Facebook – You can only create Facebook ads for Tinder with a Business Account and a Facebook Page.
- 2: Go to Ads Manager to Create Your Ad – Navigate to the Facebook Ads Manager dashboard and click on the green “+ Create” button. Select your campaign objective from the list and click on “continue.”
- 3: Select Your Placements – A new window will pop up where you can fill in all the information Facebook needs to run your ad. To make sure your ad shows up on Tinder, click on “New Ad Set” on the left-hand side of the page and scroll down to placements.
- 4: Select “manual placements”, and you’ll see four platforms show up:
- Audience Network. Audience Network is the platform that will deliver your ad to Tinder. The app is included in Facebook’s “dating apps” category.
Make sure you select Audience Network and fill out the rest of the fields to create your ad. When you’re done, send the ad in for review. Once Facebook approves it, you’ll have ads running on Tinder.
How to create ads on Google
- 1: Go to Your Google Ads account – To create an account, navigate to the Google Ads webpage and click on “Start Now.” Next, confirm your payment info, enter a valid credit card, and click on “Submit.”
- 2: Create a New Campaign – Once you’re logged into your Google Ads account, click on the “new campaign” button.
- Step 3: Set Your Campaign Goal and Type – Select “website traffic” as your campaign goal for your Tinder Ads. Scroll down and select “Display” as your campaign type.
Enter your website name at the bottom and click “Continue” when you’re done.
- Step 4: Create a Target Audience for Your Tinder Ad Campaign – Here, you can start defining your target audience for Tinder. Select which locations you want to target or exclude. Choose which languages your audience speaks. Click on “more settings” for a list of advanced tweaks that you can make to your campaign.
When you’re ready, click on “Next.”
- Step 5: Add Your Budget – On Google Ads, you can set a minimum daily spend for your Tinder ad campaign. Once you enter an amount, you’ll get an estimate of what your results will look like.
- 6: Set Your Ad Placements – Click on “placements” to define where you want Google to serve your ads. This is where you’ll select Tinder to make sure it shows up on the app. In the browse section, select “Apps” and type “Tinder” in the search bar. Tick the checkbox next to the app, then click “Done.”
Now all that’s left to do is finalize the creative for your ad, and you’re done!
Tinder Ads FAQ
Are they free?
No, Tinder ads are not free. The Facebook and Google ad platforms use a competitive bid system, meaning no fixed pricing for ads. Instead, the price depends on factors like demographics and the competitiveness of the ad auction.
Which dating app shows better ROAS for ads?
It depends on who you want to target and your ad creatives. Bumble isn’t only for singles, it’s for meeting new friends and professional colleagues too.
How many people will see my ad?
It depends on your target audience’s definition (the more specific, the smaller the pool of people). and how much money you have to pump into your ads.
What kind of ads can I run on there?
You can currently only run ads through Facebook and Google’s ad networks.
Create a social media campaign that revolves around helping people plan the perfect date night.
The campaign should target individuals who are actively using dating apps and looking for ways to enhance their dating experiences.
Your content should align with the interests and desires of your target audience, such as romantic, adventurous, or foodie-themed date nights.
Use social media platforms, such as Instagram or Twitter, to share your content and engage with your audience. Encourage user-generated content by asking followers to share their own date night ideas and experiences using a branded hashtag.
Remember to focus on providing value to your audience, rather than just promoting a product, and keep your content fun, light-hearted, and shareable.
Let us know how you are doing.
If you need any assistance please click on this link and make contact with us.